The ICCM Community
The ICCM Community would like to thank COMO community members for attending the Great Muslim Food Fest. We hope you enjoyed your visit, and we look forward to seeing you at the next event.
The ICCM Community
Photo: Jessi Dodge/Missourian
1. Please note the change in iqama times for Asr and Ishaa prayers starting, Saturday Oct. 14.
Asr: 5:00 pm
Ishaa: 8:15 pm
2. Imam Zia Sheikh is visiting our community today on behalf of the Alfurqaan Project. He will be giving a lecture after Ishaa (approx. 8:30 pm) at the ICCM entitled, "Dealing with Trials and Tribulations in Ones Life." Everyone is encouraged to attend.
3. The Columbia Muslims Food Fest, will take place this Sunday, Oct. 15 at the ICCM from 11 am – 5 pm. The event is free to the public.
4. During the food fest, on Sunday Oct. 15 at 3:00pm Sr. Rasha Abousalem will be giving a presentation on her visit to Bangladesh to assist with the relief efforts for our brothers and sisters in Myannmar (Burma).
5. The ICCM is in process of developing a class for new Muslims if interested, please leave your contact information at the ICCM office.
6. The ICCM Advanced Arabic class has begun and takes place on Wednesday at 5:30 pmat the ICCM. If interested please contact the ICCM office.
7. The ISCM would like to invite the community to their Annual Biryani Night and Hajj Simulation. It will take place on Saturday Oct. 28 at 5:00 pm at Gentry Middle School.
8. Please sign up to cook for or donate to the St. Francis house. If interested please contact the ICCM office, Br. Ifran or email email@example.com.
1) Br. Sadatullah will be hosting a Discover Yourself Workshop this weekend for our community. Please join us after Maghreb today at the ICCM. The program will continue tomorrow and Sunday and will take place at Memorial Union South on Campus. To register go to https://goo.gl/forms/RWAgkt5VRzquy2tQ2
2) The ICCM Advanced Arabic Class will begin on Wednesday, Oct. 11 at 5:30 pm at the ICCM. This 7-week Arabic course meets once a week. The cost of the program is $25.
3) There will be a Discover Islam Lecture on Thursday, Oct. 12 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm at the University of Missouri in Room 114 Strickland Hall.
4) Imam Zia (http://www.imamzia.com/) and the Alfurqaan Project will be visiting the ICCM next Friday, Oct. 13. He will also be giving a talk after Ishaa for the entire community.
5) The Columbia Muslims Food Fest, will take place next Sunday, Oct. 15 at the ICCM from 11 am – 5 pm. If you are interested in sharing a dish and culture from your country with the Columbia community please contact the ICCM Administration, ICCM office, womens committee or MSO President so that you may have a booth/table. The event is free to the public.
6) The ICCM is in process of developing a class for new Muslims if interested, please leave your contact information at the ICCM office.
7) The ISCM would like to invite the community to their Annual Biryani Night and Hajj Simulation. It will take place on Saturday Oct. 28 at 5:00 pm at Gentry Middle School.
8) Please sign up to cook for or donate to the St. Francis house. If interested please contact the ICCM office, Br. Ifran or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS WEEKEND: Friday Oct. 6 - Sunday, Oct. 8
Did you ever attend a program or read a book on personal development and wished that such a program existed based on the Qur'an and Sunnah? A program that could help eliminate the dichotomy between your personal life and deen, your relationship with Allah and your family, your fear of people and of Allah.
If you've wrestled with these type of thoughts, please attend the Discover Yourself Workshop by Sadatullah Khan this weekend, October 6-8.
Come and learn how to be a better communicator, let go of the past, stop playing the blame game, understand the power of choice, and the power of intention.
The Workshop is sponsored by ICCM, Women's Committee and MSO and is FREE to attend. Food and refreshments will be provided insha Allah. Please fill out the registration form for the workshop here:
The flyer for the workshop is attached.
Dates & Location:
Friday October 6 - 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm @ ICCM
Saturday October 7 - 9:30 am- 6:00 pm @ Mizzou Memorial Union South 203
Sunday October 8 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm @ Mizzou Memorial Union South 203
We look forward to seeing you there insha Allah.
1) Imam Nader Elmarhoumi will be visiting Columbia this weekend. Below is a schedule of events for the program with Imam Nader:
6:00 PM - Sister's Halaqa
9:15 PM - Community Lecture
1:45 PM - Youth Lecture
3:30 PM - Q & A w/ Imam Nader
7:15 PM - Community Dinner
2) Please note New Iqama Times beginning Sat. Oct 1st
Fajr: 6:15 am
Asr: 5:15 PM
Ishaa: 8:30 PM
3) Next weekend (Oct. 4, 5 & 6), we have another speaker, Sadatullah Khan, coming from Bangalore, India. He will be conducting his Discover Yourself workshop which has been done all across the world. Further information and details are forthcoming.
4) There will be a community iftar dinner tomorrow at the ICCM. All are invited
5) The newly elected ICCM Administration and ISCM School Board would like to thank the EC for their hard work and the Muslim community for their trust and support. They would like also to thank the outgoing ICCM Administration and ISCM School Board for their efforts. May Allah (swt) bless them all. Ameen
6) The Discover Islam Lectures Series for Fall 2017 was resumed on Thursday September 29. The next lecture, Women in Islam presented by Sr. Humera Lodhi, will take place on Oct. 12.
7) The Arabic Language Program will start on Tuesday October 03 at Strickland Room 114 at 5:30 pm. For more information, please contact the ICCM Office and MSO.
8) The community is invited to participate in the Walk to End Alzheimer that will take place on Sunday, Oct. 1 at 12:00 pm at Cosmo Parks Lamb shelter.
9) Please sign up to cook for or donate to the St. Francis house. If interested please contact the ICCM office, Br. Ifran or email email@example.com.
10) On Tuesday, Oct. 3rd, MSO will have a guest lecturer, Amr Ahmed, will be giving a lecture on Islamaphonia. It will take place at 7:00 PM at the Cornell Auditorium of the Trulaske College of Business.
Fajr 06:15 AM
Dhuhr 01:30 PM
Maghrib 10 min after sunset
'Isha 07:30 PM
1st Jummah 12:10 PM
2nd Jummah 01:10 PM